When you are downloading software, you will get toolbars included without knowing it, this happen mostly with free software. Once you start the installation, the wizard is asking if you want to install also a toolbar. Just uncheck the box and nothing happens. But sometimes you forget to uncheck or it will install automatically the toolbar. In a few steps you can disable or remove this toolbar in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Right-mouse click on a section in the toolbar where no link are, for example the blank area above the address bar.
- The menu that appears is showing all current toolbars. Uncheck the toolbar which you want to hide.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Go to Windows Control Panel by clicking Start –> Settings –> Control Panel. Sometimes the panel also be shown directly after pressing the start button.
- Click the Add or Remove Programs button.
- Select the toolbar that you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button to start the uninstall process.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Remove or hide toolbar:
- Click on the Wrench button on the right upper corner, below the exit button and search for extensions.
- A new tab will open in Chrome with all the extensions.
- Select the extension or toolbar you want to remove or disable.
- Chrome will ask you to close the browser.
- Once its removed open Chrome again.
Remove and hide toolbar:
- Open Firefox browser.
- Select Tools in the menu bar.
- Click Add-ons, new new tab will open.
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Now you see the list of Extensions and Toolbars in Firefox.
- Choose the item you want to remove or disable.
- Below the extension a notification shows up that it has been removed, click on Restart the browser to confirm.
- Firefox restarts.
- Open Opera browser.
- In the menu select View and move with the mouse to the Toolbars.
- Uncheck the items you want to disable.
- In the menu bar go to Tools –> Preferences.
- A new window will open, select the Advanced tab.
- In the left men click on Toolbars.
- Select the items you want to remove.
If you can’t find the toolbar in the list, it is possible that you are victim of spyware. First search in the Windows Control Panel, go to Start –> Settings –> Control Panel –> Remove Programs and look for the toolbar and remove if it’s present.
If you still cant find the toolbar, try to remove the spyware with an antispyware or antivirus software.