Screamer radio is everything what you need, you can listen Internet radio online and also record the songs and save them on your hard disk. It’s not a big file to download, lesser than 3 MB. It takes a few seconds to install it and you’re ready to listen to more than 4000 regional and international radio stations. Streamer radio can handle different stream formats and if you want, you can minimize it to the system tray. In one click you can record and save it as MP3 format on your hard disk. The application is free to use, but only for Windows users. In the settings you can switch to another language of your player, to make it for the user more comfortable and easier.
How to listen Radio
To start listening to a radio station go to presets, there you can choose by Country, Foreign language, Genre and Network.
- Select Country, you will see continents Africa, America, Antarctica, Asia, Europe and Oceana. Choose the continent and search the Country you like.
- Foreign language you can choose some language like Spanish, English, Italian, Polish or others.
- There is a long list to choose in Genre. What do you like? 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80, 90’s, popular, classical, rock or reggae, you can choose anything you want. Not only music, also sports, talk or comedy are available.
- Another option to choose is the Network. You can choose any kinds of network, for example select BBC and all radio stations of the BBC are listed.
If you want to add a station in your favorites list, just click favorites and select Add current station to favorites. Add as many as you want. For removing the stations from your list is not so easy, go to File–> Manually Edit Favorites, notepad will open and you will see an HTML code. For those who doesn’t know anything about HTML code having a problem. Well it’s not that difficult, you only have to remove the text <Station </Station> and all the text in between. Now save the document and exit Screamer radio. After that open the program again the selected channel is deleted from your favorites.
Recording with Screamer radio
Before starting recording you can change the default folder for your saved MP3 file. To change the folder go to Setting–> Preferences–> Recording and change the folder to anything you want. To start recording just press the Rec button and to stop press again the Rec button. Screamer will save the recorded files into the folder with the title of the relevant radio station. In the folder you can see the file with the kbps rate of the captured stream.
Another option is to record continuously, but the songs will be separate saved with the name, artist and the station name. Another option is to record a song from the beginning untill the end, even you start in the middle of the song, go to Recording menu and choose Record only current track.
Some other features are ad free, no spyware, a cool peak meter, play back on multiple sound cards and most important, it’s all free!
Supported stream types are:
- Shoutcast and Icecast MP3 Streaming
- Icecast OGG Vorbis Streaming
- WMA Streaming
- AAC Streaming