When you are connecting the internet with Smart Bro prepaid usb modem you noticed many times you have a slow internet connection. But still your paying a big money to use the internet. There is a trick to solve this problem. Use a Smart Buddy or Talk ‘n Text sim card with at least 1 peso load on it and no more than 9 peso to work it out.
To get a free internet connection is to change some settings in the Smart GUI.
First open the Smart GUI, go to settings, network settings and add a new connection.
- Give your new connection a name
- number *99#
- apn: internet instead of smartbro
- Go to the folder of Smart Bro in your directory ( standard is that C:\Program Files\SMART BRO
- Look for the NetConfig.ini and right-click on it and open as notepad
- change APN=smartbro into APN=internet
- Click on options
- set in manual settings
- enter in the field proxy host 10.102.61.46 and in the field proxy port 8080. Click on ok and close Ultraurf
- Now open Ultrasurf again and wait untill its connected to the Server
- Go to options – network
- Set manually proxy settings HTTP proxy 22.214.171.124 port 9666 and use this settings for all protocol
Now you can surf the internet faster but don’t think connection is much faster, still it depends on the area where you use Smart Bro and the distance to the base station but at least it helps.
Still having problems connecting:
If you have done all above and still not connecting? Try this: Text ROAM ON to 333, you will receive a message regarding your load ballance is too low, you need at least P100. Text now ROAM OFF to 333, unplug your modem a couple of minutes, then plugin the usb modem again, now you should be connected. Don’t forget to restart Ultrasurf.