If you are looking for photo editing software, probably you noticed there are many available. Some are free and other you have to pay for. Artweaver Free is one of the programs which can compete with Photoshop and Gimp and is suitable for both beginners and advanced users. Beside the Artweaver free there is also a paid version, but the free version is already enough for the average user. It has many tools such as brushes, colors and working with layers.
The download size is no more than 8 mb and depending on your internet speed it takes a couple of minutes. The installation starts with a welcome message and you have to accept the license agreement. The next window you can choose between the express mode which installs faster or the custom mode. With he last one you can install the program instead of the default folder in your favorite folder and choose the components. Select Create desktop icon and if you want also an icon in the system tray select Create quick launch icon , click Finish to end the installation wizard.
By default the program runs right after the installation. A pop-up window shows up asking if you are interested to buy the photo editing program. This message will always show up during the start-up of the program, this you can disable by ticking on Don’t show again and after close then the window.
The interface looks easy and user-friendly. It does not look too complex and the important issues are at hand, so it’s not difficult for beginners to work with the program. On the left is a small toolbox for cropping, zoom, erase and others. At the top is an option bar under the menu bar, which contains the settings of the active tool. On the right side are a number of pallets. All the palettes you can drag with the mouse to another location including outside the drawing window. This is similar with other photo editing programs such as Photoshop and Gimp, so if you’re familiar with those programs you can easy use this program.
It’s also great use Artweaver to draw pictures, it is also the necessary clone brushes. There are also special pins for accurate photo enhancing and Artweaver offers many filters. Lua scripts is a simple utility that you can create all kinds of effects. When you download the plugin you get also a number of scripts.
Artweaver Free is a good program to create beautiful drawings. You can work with layers, properties of brushes and pencils are adjustable and the toolbox has many options. The appearance and functionality are similar with Photoshop, only the shortcuts works sometimes little different.
Artweaver is available for Windows XP, Vista and Windows7.
- Support for many file formats like AWD (Artweaver), BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, TGA, TIFF, PNG and PSD (incl. layers).
- Transparency, layers and layer groups.
- Common image editing tools like gradient, crop, fill and selection tools.
- Many effect filters like sharpen, blur, emboss and mosaic.
- A large number of predefined brushes which you can also individually configure. In addition to simple round brushes, it is also possible to custom images to be used as brushes.
- Expandable by Plug-In modules (Artweaver standard).
- Editable text layers.
- Intuitive and easy to use pallets that you can freely move the screen filled optimally.
- Pen tablet support.
- History function to undo/redo last editing steps.
- Support for many languages through language files.